Another blog award! Woohoo! I’m so honored!! I received the Versatile Blogger Award (VBA) from author and blogger, Lada Ray! I’ve got to go clear a shelf for all of these awards!
Here is the link to Lada Ray’s post: Lada Ray
According to my esteemed sponsor, Lada Ray, here is what VBA is all about:
What is it?
As far as I can tell — details are rather sketchy and only the creator knows for sure — this lofty-sounding award is basically a mutual admiration society where bloggers recognize their peers for writing quality blogs that touched them in some way. The VBAs honor the blogger rather than specific posts. It’s a chance for bloggers to pat themselves on the back like the American Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences does with the Oscars. Until someone starts giving out Blogscars, the VBAs will have to suffice.
What are the criteria?
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award. I nominated 15 outstanding bloggers below. Congratulations!
Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
Thank you, Lada Ray! I am truly honored and touched!
Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. (I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
The envelope, please…
Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
And the nominees/winners are (in no particular order):
1. Honoré Dupuis’s Of Glass & Paper http://ofglassandpaper.com/
2. Anglela Mackey’s Rethinking My Thinking http://rethinkingmythinking.info/
3. Charissa’s Joy in the Moments: http://joyinthemoments.com/
4. SR’s – To Have Her Heart is To Love Jesus http://bearingheavycrosses.wordpress.com/about-me/
5. Kristina’s My Wyoming Adventure http://www.mywyomingadventure.com/
6. Glenda Mill’s Meet Me On The Mountain: http://glendamills.com/
7. Writing About New Realities With a Glimpse of Faith: http://barbarahartzler.com/
8. Cindy Dwyer: A Reason to Write http://cynthiadwyer.com/
9. Spiritual Lives of Women: http://pattyperkowski.com/
10. Emma L. Moore’s Life’s Little Surprises: http://emmalmoore.wordpress.com/
11. I Go To Sleep Counting Test Strips Instead of Sheep: Life as a Mom of a child with type 1 diabetes: http://igotosleepcountingteststripsinsteadofsheep.wordpress.com/
12. TM Gaouette’s http://tmgaouette.com/
13. Rachelle’s Window @ http://www.rachelleayala.com/
14. The Working Momaholic http://theworkingmomaholic.com/
15. Braveheart: Tales from the Front Line: http://beckydoughty.wordpress.com/
Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
I just did this for the last award, so I’ll try not to be repeitious:
1. I was born and raised in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin (a peninsula) on a dairy farm.
2. Both my husband and I are the seventh child in our family.
3. I wrote non-fiction and was a journalist before delving into fiction.
4. I love to travel and am blessed to be married to an Anglican Bishop, who is from another country (India) and who has friends all over the world. All we need is a plane ticket and off we go! Also, we travel quite a bit around the US.
5. My son is in the NFL! Go New Orleans Saints! (although if you read my blog, you already know this). I tell my kids they get their athletic ability from me. I won the fifth grade high jump contest and could always run fast.
6. As much as I love nature and quiet country places, I love the hustle and bustle and rythmn of life in the city. I love Kansas City, as it has both.
7. I’m waiting for my novel, Crooked Lines to find a home with a publisher and I have another book almost finished and my plan is to write a lot of books!
Congrats to the new VBA winners, and thanks again to my friend, Lada Ray! I’m reading her amazing book and will review it soon along with TM Gaouette’s book. Be patient, life’s been kind of busy lately!