Got some great new awards. Yay! Thanks friends!
Author Lada Ray has the coolest site with fantastic photos. She has given me the Reader’s Appreciation Award:
The rules for this award are: Post seven interesting things about yourself, Nominate 5 people who in turn will post on their page the award with the link to the giver, Let them know about the nomination. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Instead of seven things about myself, here’s seven of my favorite savings, which should tell something about me.
1. Leap and the net will appear. John Burroughs.
2. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
3. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. From the Desiderata. I’ve always loved this entire poem.
4. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil 4:13
5. Be still, and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10 (In any anxious moment, this one always speaks to me.)
6. I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work. - Thomas Edison
7. There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle. - Albert Einstein
And I nominate these wonderful bloggers. Check out their blogs.
1. Glenda Mills is truly one of my favorite bloggers. She has the most inspirational, beautiful blog. Check it out and it will be your fav, too. http://glendamills.com/
2. Rosalie Skinner, fantasy author, also has a great site
3. And the coolest kid in town has the coolest blog around. Check out funny guy, Rick Bylina’s blog.
4. Find some inspiration over at Gracie Hills blog.
5. And some more over at Ada Brownell’s Blog
Thanks Lada Ray, for this award. Check out her fascinating blog with uplifting and educating content as well as fabulous photos.
The next award, The Thought Provoking Award…
…was given by Gracie over at Gracie’s Quest. Her blog is truly thought provoking and inspirational. It is an honor to receive this nomination. Thank you Gracie. Here’s the link to her blog.
Here are the award rules (slightly paraphrased):1. Post the award on your blog. 2. Thank the one who nominated you and link back to their blog. 3. Nominate 7-12 other bloggers you admire and enjoy! 4. Share 7 things about yourself. 5. Inform each person that you have nominated them.
Ok, I’m going to do something different for this award. I’ll nominate photography blogs that are thought provoking and inspirational. Then, I’m going to share seven of my own photographs that I hope are thought provoking and awe-inspiring.
1. http://apixelatedlife.org/ Steven White has an outstanding blog featuring his photos and his inspirational thoughts. He’s a new blogger, so please support him
Here’s the seven photos I promised. Just amateur stuff, from cool places I’ve visited:
1. Our Lady of Walsingham, Walsingham, England
2. Isle of Iona, Scotland
3. Rosemead, California. Now tell me that this photo below isn’t thought provoking. It’s the picture of a water stain. Pots watered by a priest friend of ours who is the director of a novitiate where we stayed. I took this photo and can testify that it is purely a water stain and not painted. What do you see?
5. Goa, India
6. Big Horn Mountains, Wyoming
7. Somewhere in Kansas
And Gracie also nominated me for the Super Sweet Blogger Award. Thanks Gracie. Arnel at http://allthingsboys.wordpress.com/ also nominated me for this same award. Check out both of these super sweet blogs.
Rules for this award include: Thank the super sweet blogger who made the nomination, Nominate a baker’s dozen of other bloggers (below…), and answer five questions:
- Cookie or cake? Cookie – snickerdoodle
- Chocolate or Vanilla? Both
- What is your favourite sweet treat? Crème Brule
- When do you crave sweet things the most? Equally all the time, except when I’m sleeping.
- If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be? Um…Sweetie-Pie.
And for the sweetness award, I nominate this baker’s dozen of super-sweet blogs:
And last but not least, Lizzie Joy also nominated me for two awards, Very Inspiring Blogger Award and Thought Provoking Blog Award. Thanks Lizzie Joy. She has a beautiful travel photo blog. I mentioned it above and nominated her back for the Thought Provoking Award because her blog is really fantastic.